Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I admire Who??


Today as I thought about random things concerning life, friends and family I felt the Lord brought something to my attention. I pondered why I get quite annoyed with people who desire to be admired, those who desire so much attention and praise for themsleves. I wondered why this got under my skin. I felt the Lord saying, well when those seek admiration from others they take the focus off of me (The Lord). Yes! That made sense to me. When we admire or idolize a person for whatever reason, and forget where the talent or that very blessing we admire them for came from, we take our attention off of God. This was an eye opener and a relief. Up until now I used to admire the person and not God for his greatness within that person. I truly believe blessings come from above, so why focus on the human, and not God? Doesn't make sense to lift people up to the point of losing sight of God's glory. It's God who has give the person the very thing you admire.

Later on during the day I sat down and saw my Bible opened to the pages I was reading to Fia last night. She is quite the night owl so I decided to read the Bible to her. It did help she feel asleep peacefully. I noticed this scripture:

Psalm 115:1
Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

There it was, confirmation for me.
So that just gave me a peace of mind. It leads me to praise Him for the things He has done. Instead of praising the person, I'll praise God for showing me his greatness through that person.

It's after 2am so I hope this made sense :)

Many Blessings 


No comments: