Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pacing my Progress while Procrastinating A Little.

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I've been ok. Yeah just ok. I can't complain without feeling a little guilty but I can't say I'm exactly peachy either. Ever feel like a huge life change is over due? I'm talking about a full life makeover from inside and out. I want my location, spiritual life, appearance, attitude, personality and habits to change. I want more self motivation etc etc. I want I want I want. See that focus right now is inward. I think the solution to that focus is to look outward. Focusing too much on me sort of gets me depressed, so to help out with that I will try and divert my thinking and thoughts on others. How can I help others? I haven't found that out yet mainly because those words and thought just came to me. :)

So while I was looking at blogs one day I saw this wonderful blog on 4 Weeks To A More Organized Home.
I thought, I could do with a better organized home! So I had a look. Here was the first assignment:
Day 1 Assignment
::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life! Get your free copy of SarahMae’s ebook, Frumps to Pumps, if you need more motivation in this.}
::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and make a list of 5-10 goals for this week.
::Complete your morning routine {if you don’t have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}
::Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home.
::Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag.
::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay. 
Ok So I did get dressed. I tell you what, I am a PJ wearing momma! Now I don't walk around in anything I'd be ashamed of checking the mail box in. I don't do the fuzzy slippers and such but just the general comfy yoga type pants and t-shirt. I think it's time for an upgrade. No I'm not going to walk around in pumps and be full on decked out but something other than the yoga pants and t-shirt might be nice. I can do the make up too. I don't wear a lot of it and I have a little fun putting it on. I'm also reading the book she suggests too.

Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and make a list of 5-10 goals for this week. I did. I think I accomplished 1 or 2 off that list. My problem is, I sort of lost the list. lol. Maybe I should blog the list instead. I know it's around here some where and I will find it. But it did say just make the list, not do something on it too. lol! No I actually tried to accomplish it. When I find it I will find a permanent spot for it.

Complete your morning routine. That is usually done... daily.

Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home. That would be the living room, kitchen, and dining room. That might take more than 15, but hey I did it and felt good about cleaning. This sounds rather Fly Lady-ish. I got her emails about 12 or so years ago. I remember my teens were toddlers then. It was overwhelming for me then but one thing I took away was the 15 minute cleaning and then a 5 minute break idea. Loved it! In fact I used to do this online with some friends in Samoa, Colorado, Texas, etc. We would all be in a chat and go off to clean and come back to chat for 5 minutes telling what we did. Since then my friend in Samoa moved to Australia, our kids grew up, our lives changed, as so did our schedules. So thank you Fly Lady for the nugget of good memory idea for me and my friends.

Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag. Yes! I did both! I even through my diaper bag in the wash! I am still using the diaper bag I made too! It's holding up!

Find 7 items to get rid of today.... Uh errr... well see what had happened was... I didn't accomplish this one. I am determined too! I even made a list of what I was going to get rid of. So I shall do this task as procrastinators say... tomorrow. lol but... all jokes aside it will get done.

I like this assignment! I will take it at my own pace though. I missed today and probably yesterday already lol! Life gets busy. With a house of 5 kiddos you can bet on unpredictability. It's not an excuse to not set goals but rather a reason not to take things such as this too serious. It's something I want to do but if I don't get to it for things other than my own laziness, I'm good. :)


No comments: