Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here I go Again...

Ok, I have found my next home made product adventure! It's Non Petroleum Jelly! lol I know what's that all about? Well I just blogged earlier today on my Pure Natural Blends blog about the Mineral Oil and Petroleum Jelly ingredients. Have a look here http://purenaturalblends.blogspot.com/. I was researching alternatives to Vaseline. You know we've used it for years and like it, however being well informed I don't think I like it so much. So now ta daaaaaaa, it's Non Petroleum Jelly!! I plan on getting the alternative waxes and not beeswax.  Here is a snippet from the blog

There are many alternatives to petroleum based products. Try using products such as olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil or jojoba oil. They work better for precious baby skin too! The benefits are far greater than the byproducts of crude oil!
An alternative to petroleum jelly could be to make your own! A Non Petroleum Jelly can be made by using Bayberry Wax, Soy Wax or Candelilla Wax and your favorite oil. Just use 1 ounce of wax and 1/2 cup of your oil of choice. Melt both wax and oil on very low heat in a saucepan or a boiler. Stir the wax and oil together. Pour the wax and oil mixture it into a jar and watch it cool into a solid. You may add essential oils to give it beneficial properties and a great scent!

So I'm now on a quest to find some Bayberry wax. It just sounds interesting to use. Maybe I'll mix some lavender essential oils and use Almond Oil. I'm excited again! I'll blog about how it turned out when I get it done! If you have already done this let me know how you like it!




No comments: