Friday, July 15, 2005

I got ripped off in a good way.

Hi everyone! I'm bloggin again.

I'd like to say a big congratulations to the new Homeschool Blogger Server on Homeschoolblogger.com! They made some good improvements!

Well readers how are you? I'm just doing "ok." The kids just had a bath and we had a serious "talk" about their behavior. I tell you this parenting thing can be difficult! I think I got ripped off my kids came with out the manual! My 3 came with out manuals and shut off buttons! hmm and a no return policy! LOL I'm just kidding my kids are the absolute best thing that has happened to me besides The Good Lord.

Our talk was about their behavior. It hasn’t been so great. I have bossy, talking back, blunt rebellion going on. Some how I fell lucky because they are not in their teens yet. They are just 7, 7 and 5. So putting a good respect of the Lord in them now is essential. They also know "momma don’t play that!" I had gotten a little lazy and just was talking with idol threats of punishment. You know that goes no where. So I had to give the "talk down!" not the "Smack Down" lol They are behaving nicely now. Much like I did after I got a spanking when I was a kid.
You know, I dislike seeing parents insult or just disrespect their kids. Even though they are young, doesn’t me they don’t deserve respect. I don’t call my kids names. Simple every day "worldly" terms like "Shut up" are not allowed. I don’t like to be told to shut up and I don’t tell me kids to shut up. I saw a lady in Wal-mart that told her child to shut up and then proceeded to call the child ugly! I was shocked and so were my children. They looked at me with their mouths open and said I'm glad you don't talk to us like that! My heart went out to that little girl. It was sad to see a parent ruin their child's self esteem. They will have enough of that in the world we as parents don't need to do it. I mean I know we get pushed to our limits but that was just cruel. Speaking of being pushed to your limit, have you read the book "She's Gonna Blow" It's a great book abut how not to loose your temper with your kids. Now it ain't easy I tell you! But it is very possible to keep it under control. I've lost it and felt bad about telling them to "Just GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!" in the mad angry tone of voice.

Over all I have to say I have some of the best kids on earth. They will push your buttons but who wont!? I'm an adult and I still push folks buttons LOL. I just feel like I have an obligation to correct in love and not lead them wrong. I'm trying to teach them a few things like love God, respect all people regardless of differences, respect authority and live your dreams.
That's about it for now. I better get to my design work and eating tacos with the kids!

--out

No comments: