Monday, August 19, 2013

Today's Refresher.

1. How are you feeling? I feel like I should be blogging about lighter topics. So I will... for now.

2. How is/was the weather today? It was nice! Love warm weather. I wish it would stay but I know fall is coming. Oh to live in a warmer state!

3. What happened this morning/evening?
Every morning I wake up to one cute little Quirky kid at the side of my bed. She comes with different antics to wake me up. Some consist of squeezing into bed and sitting on my head, patting on my face, or smacking me with my ipad, or poking me while trying to put my glasses on my face. She's a cutie and I love seeing her in the mornings. I remember wanting my mom to wake up with my antics.

4. What's on your mind?
My kids sitting right here on the fireplace talking about events and friends. Wow they are growing up.

5. What positive things happened today?
Well lets see, one of my girls cleaned up really well today because she was bored!! OMG *faint* I was grateful she did that. My son got to go to a swim party today. I took my girls to the park.

6. What things did you notice needed a change today?
I really need to not let little distractions suck up my day.

7. What things made you happy?
I got a phone call from my friend Bridget!! My daughter cleaning, taking the little ones to the park, hearing my little one read. Seeing my kids just talk.
I have to say I'm so proud of my little one reading.


8. What did you wear today?
A black maxi dress.

9. What did you cook today and what's on the menu tomorrow?
A hearty salad. Love these salads. I have this obsession with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and salmon together. I'll put that with cheese on top of lettuce or spinach and ranch dressing. Oh I'll add avocado and anything else I want. Yum!

10. What DIY recipe have you tried today?
Oh! I made soap for the first time! I'm so excited! Check out this beautiful blog Essentially Eclectic and this soap and candle store jackbenimblecandles.com These were my inspriation sites for making me soap. Here is how it turned out. I can't wait to make more! I didn't follow the recipes exactly. I used Almond Butter, Oats, Emu Oil, Honey, Bergamot and Lemon Essential Oils. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't suds. I know suds doesn't mean clean, but I like the feel of a good thick lather. I do like the simple ingredients of making my own soap.


11. What new thing did you learn today?
I learned my listening to this conversation that my son is missing his files from our computer that just died.

12. What did your kids do today?
They did school work, napped, cleaned, went to a swim party, went to the park etc.

13. Where did you go today?
The Park.

14. Who touched your heart today?
Oh hearing about the young man who played Jett Jackson died.

15. Any spiritual topics on your mind?
I'd like to learn more about the Holy Spirit, Angels, and the Heavenly realm.

16. Any new/completed Projects?
The soap! Next is candles or more soap!

17. Any progress made on the todo list?
Yes! This past weekend we did some landscaping! Finally got something out there that looks good! We are quite proud of the outcome of our hard work. I'd show a picture but I haven't taken any good ones yet. I do have one of my little quirky one helping us by staying busy.

18. Did you help anyone today?
Um not anyone that I know of.

19. Any neat online finds?
Um not anything other than the links posted above. Oh wait yes! How about a Free Algebra Check up Assessment?  I found this while looking for SAT and ACT resources. If you have any please share them with me!

20. Prayer for others: 
I prayed this and had it as my status today on facebook for all the kids going back to school:  Lord please strengthen their Guardian Angels to be with them and an active part of their lives at all times. Please give them good friends that encourage integrity, wisdom and good character. Let them learn easily from the teachers they have. Lord please give the teachers peace, and bless them with wisdom to deal with any situation that may occur. Let them sense needs to be able to help students and faculty. Please protect them from any attacks of the enemy as they have a huge job on their hands to help build the future along with the kids and parents. Father God please give parents peace and wisdom through out the school year. In Jesus name Amen.

 

No comments: